Luftwaffe Gotha Go 242 Assault Glider Marking-Fragment Relic Display by Ron Cole

The Gotha Go 242 was a transport glider used by the Luftwaffe during World War II. The aircraft was a high-wing monoplane with a simple square-section fuselage ending in clamshell doors used to load troops, light armored vehicles, or cargo. In service, Go 242s were towed into the air by Heinkel He 111s or Junkers Ju 52s. Most saw service in the Mediterranean, North Africa and Aegean.

This original Go 242 fragment was part of the swastika painted on the tail of a Go 242. It was cut from the aircraft by Col. George B. Jarrett in November 1942 in El Dabaa, Egypt.

These very limited-edition wall-hanging displays are ready-to-hang and measure 13x19-inches (artwork dimensions 11x17). 

Signed & numbered. 

 


Related Items