Fokker D.VII ‘U.10’ was piloted by Ltn. Heinz von Beaulieu-Marconnay of Jasta 65. Heinz landed this aircraft at a forward airfield belonging to the U.S. 95th Aero Squadron, and surrendered, on November 9th, 1918 - two days before the Armistice. This Fokker D.VII was among several of this type evaluated in Canada and the United States after the war. It was donated to the Smithsonian Institution where it was restored and remains on permanent public display.
These swatches of upper-surface wing lozenge camouflaged linen were acquired by Col. G.B. Jarrett during the 1930s. Jarrett shared this material with collector Robert Boehme in 1958. In 1994, Boehme sent this material to Alan D. Toelle for study. The latter verified the details of this linen and confirmed its authenticity. The Boehme estate was acquired by Ron Cole in 2021.
Each wall-hanging display is 13x19-inches (including frame).
Each is signed & numbered - only one of eight.