Luftwaffe Messerschmitt BF 109 F-4 Yellow Paint Stalingrad Loss Relic Display

The Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4 was the most popular ‘109’ among Luftwaffe pilots in World War II. This particular F-4 was sent to the Eastern Front in 1942, where bright yellow paint was applied to the underside of the wingtips outboard the cross insignias. This was done to assist identification of friendly aircraft to German anti-aircraft batteries. This aircraft was lost in the area of Stalingrad in 1943, and partially excavated by a Russian team in 2006. The yellow Eastern Front paint is very rare to find in good condition. 

Limited edition, signed and numbered, display is 11x17 inches. Limited to only 15 examples - while supplies last. 


Related Items