Albatros D. II Austro-Hungarian Oeffag 253 Rudder Linen Relic Display

Extremely rare section of white-painted linen with remnants of black Balkan cross from the rudder of Austro-Hungarian Albatros D. II (built under license by Oeffag). Originally part of the Col. G. B. Jarrett Collection and authenticated on June 12th, 1994 by Alan D. Toelle. The larger section was sent to collector Robert Boheme by Jarrett in 1957, and acquired by Ron Cole as part of the Boheme Estate in 2022.
.
.
Description of the material by A. Toelle: "Examination of this specimen indicates that the fabric is calendared linen of about 50 yarns per inch. The fabric was given a very heavy coat of clear cellulose acetate dope followed by a somewhat thinner coat of white oil-based paint. The black cross is painted over the white."
.
Each 1x1-inch swatch of linen is paired with Ron Cole's original painting of an Oeffag 253 (Albatros D. II) in typical factory applied markings including the white-painted tail with the correct style Balkan cross. Each piece of fabric is mounted UNDER the glass to help preserve this material.
.
Each framed display is 11x17-inches and is signed & numbered.
.
Very limited!  


Next Previous

Related Items